National Burger Month Recipe
Posted by Jenn Infanto on 02nd May 2016
Trust us when we say, you’ll impress your friends with this Pulled Pork Belly Slider recipe. Our Ayara’s BBQ Sauce adds a kick to the sliders and will leave your guests wanting more during National Burger Month.
You will need:
- 1-bottle of Ayara’s BBQ Sauce
- 2-pounds pork belly
- 12 Challah Bread Rolls (or similar preference)
- 1 cup of cilantro stem/roots (discard or save leaves for other use)
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorn
- 1 medium size garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Using a Stanley knife, score the skin down to the pork belly. Make the cuts very close together. Go across the skin, trying not to cut the meat.
2. Prepare the marinade by mixing the cilantro stems/roots, white peppercorn, and garlic into a mortar and pestle and grind until all three ingredients are coarsely smashed and blended. Put the mix into a bowl and add the brown sugar, salt, paprika, and olive oil. Mix together with your hands.
3. Massage the marinade mix onto all sides of the pork belly. Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes. For best results, allow it to marinade overnight in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven to 325F
5. Put the marinated pork belly into the oven for 1.5 hours.
6. Remove the pork belly carefully from the oven and test if it pulls apart easily. If it does not, put it back into the oven until it is ready.
7. Put the meat onto a cutting board and let cool for 10 minutes. Use a knife to cut pork belly into smaller stripes and a fork to shred each stripe.
8. When done, mix the pulled pork belly with the BBQ Sauce.
9. Cut bread rolls in half and stuff each one with the pulled pork belly. Serve and enjoy.