Ayara’s Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Thai Chili-Lime Sauce
Brussel Sprouts, the vegetable that we mostly likely all hated growing up, has become a favorite on restaurant menus and home kitchens. It’s definitely a super food, full of phytonutrients, Vitamins A & C, Potassium, Folate, Iron and Fiber. Top it off with our Thai Chili Lime Sauce and you get a tasty and healthy side dish to any meal!
You will need:
- 2 oz (1/4 bottle) of Ayara’s Thai Chili Lime Sauce – adjust to taste
- 1/2-pound Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash and dry brussel sprouts. Discard loose and discolored outer leaves. Cut sprouts in half. (Important – must dry very well)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add brussel sprouts cut side down. When the cut side begins to brown, turn off the heat.
- Mix maple syrup and fish sauce into the hot skillet with the sprouts. Toss lightly before transferring it into a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15, or until sprouts are a tender dark brown color.
- Take the sprouts out of the oven and into a mixing bowl.
- When ready to serve, top it with Ayara’s Seafood Sauce and cilantro leaves, and lightly toss to coat.
- Serve warm.