Braised Deconstructed Holiday Turkey
Solve the struggle between dark and white meat, and satisfy the entire family in a fraction of the time it takes to cook a whole turkey
TIME: Overnight Brining, 1 ½ hrs of prepping and cooking | EQUIPMENT: Roasting pan, cooking brush, and cooking thermometer
You will need:
- 1-bottle of Ayara’s BBQ Sauce
- 3 cups of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups of fish sauce
- 1 cup of cilantro stem/roots (discard or save leaves for other use)
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorn
- 1 medium size garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 10lbs of Turkey -2 bone-in breast, 2 drumsticks, and 2 thighs (or per preference)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
Directions – Brining the Turkey
- Rinse turkey parts under cold water, and place in large bowl.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar into the bowl of turkey,and massage it for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cold water to cover the turkey, wrap the bowl, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
Directions – Roasting the Turkey
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees F
- Remove turkey from brine, pat dry, drizzle with melted butter, and arrange it skin side up on roasting pan (leaving space between each piece). Place turkey in oven.
- At about 30 minutes or when turkey begins to brown, brush Ayara’s Thai BBQ Sauce evenly on the turkey parts.
- Lower the oven to 400 degrees F, and let it continue to roast for another 30-40 minutes or until the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees F
- When done, brush more Ayara Thai BBQ Sauce onto the parts, transfer to platter and serve.