Sylvia’s Salmon Mango Salsa Lettuce Wrap
Sylvia Gunde is our dear friend and a super talented photographer based in Los Angeles. When she’s not on a fashion shoot or photographing a wedding, she enjoys cooking simple meals. Here’s one of her favorite recipes.
RECIPE & PHOTOGRAPHY BY: Sylvia Gunde
TIME: 1 hr prep and cook / 2-8 hrs marinade
EQUIPMENT: Medium pan and Stainless Steel Turner
SERVES: 2-3 people
You Will Need:
- 10oz Salmon Fillets
- 1 bottle of Ayara’s Thai Chili-Lime Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1 Large Shallots, minced
- 1 Cucumbers, diced
- 2 Mango, diced
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Cilantro, to taste, chopped
- Marinate salmon in 4oz (half bottle) of Ayara’s Chili-Lime sauce for a few hours to overnight.
- Prepare Mango Cucumber Salsa, by tossing shallots, cucumber, mango, and cilantro in 2-4oz of Ayara’s Chili-Lime sauce, to spice preference. Cover and refrigerate no more than 2 hours before serving, as salsa will begin to dilute and get soggy.
- Prepare a grill or pan on medium/medium high heat and add oil. Place the salmon skin side up and grill for 5-7 minutes. Flip to skin side down and grill for another 5-7 minutes or until salmon flakes.
- Remove from grill and break salmon into 1-inch flake chunks.
- Spread lettuce leaves and arranges salmon chunks. Place Mango Cucumber salsa on top. Enjoy!