THAI BBQ CHICKEN
(Serves 4-5 People)
We all know and love chicken that’s grilled on the BBQ, now the Asapahu family gives it their own Thai twist using our popular
Thai BBQ Chicken Sauce.
A popular dish at our restaurant.
You will need:
4oz (1/2 bottle) of Ayara’s BBQ Chicken Sauce
1 bone-in Whole Chicken, cut in half
2-stems of fresh Lemongrass, chopped
1-large Ginger, peeled and chopped
1-head of fresh Garlic, peeled
3-tablespoon chopped fresh Cilantro roots/stem (no leaves)
3-tablespoon Black Peppercorn
1-can Coconut Milk
2-tablespoons of Turmeric Powder
2-tablespoons of Curry Powder
2-tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Mix the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cilantro root/stems, and black peppercorn in a blender until coarsely blended.
- In a large bowl, rub chicken in the mix blend, coconut milk, turmeric powder, curry powder, sugar, and fish sauce. Massage it for 3-5 minutes with tender love. Cover and let it marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven at 275F.
- Cut each half of the chicken into 3-pieaces (6 pieces total). Transfer chicken onto a roasting pan and bake for 15-minutes. This will head start the cooking process.
- Preheat the BBQ grill
- Throw chicken on grill at low flame (to avoid burning) – cook for approximately 20 minutes until done.
- Serve with BBQ Chicken Sauce.