A much lighter take on the classic holiday dish, this vegetable latkes recipe is to be enjoyed with our refreshingly sweet and tangy Cucumber Sauce.
TIME: 30-40 Minutes | EQUIPMENT: Vegetable shredder/slicer, and deep skillet
You Will Need:
- 4oz (1/2 of a bottle) of Ayara’s Cucumber Sauce
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 pack of enoki mushrooms, roots trimmed, cleaned, and dried
- 1 cup of Gogi brand Thai Tempura Flour (or a mix of 90% wheat flour, 6% tapioca starch, 3% baking powder, and 1% salt)
- ¼ cup of cold water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter lettuce, optional
- Mix the Gogi Flour and cold water, and season with salt and pepper
- Mix carrots, zucchini, cucumber and enoki mushrooms together
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- One at a time, form small flatten clusters of mixed veggies and drop into batter, coat evenly and slowly placed into hot oil
- Cook until brown and crisp, at approximately 2 minutes per side
- Fry no more than 5-6 at a time, as it will cool the oil
- Transfer the latkes onto a paper towel to soak excess oil
- When ready to serve, place latkes on a platter of butter lettuce and a bowl of Ayara’s Cucumber Sauce. Enjoy!